FJ260 Cavity Barrier is a close state cavity barrier made of rock mineral wool and designed to maintain the required fire resistance around windows, doors and when following fire compartment lines.
FJ260 Cavity Barrier is used as a cavity barrier, within external wall cavities in all required locations plus at the junction of compartment floors, compartment/party walls and around openings. It maintains fire resistance performance of cavities of up to 600 mm and only requires 5 mm of compression when fitting.
Always read SDS, pre-application guidance and relevant application detail prior to application. Ensure the latest documents are downloaded prior to every project commencement.
• The cavity barrier should not be penetrated by anything other than the mechanical fixings which are used to fix the cavity barrier to the building.
• The cavity barrier should be installed onto a flat surface, with no gaps behind the cavity barrier.
• FJ260 Cavity Barrier should be installed in a continuous run. Where this is not possible, details should be agreed with the projects principal designer and or fire engineer.
• The product is tested without interruptions with the exception of masonry support brackets (see specific detail).
• Horizontal cavity barriers should be installed adjacent and tightly abutted to any vertical cavity barriers, the vertical cavity barriers should be installed first. FJ260 Cavity Barrier may be cut to length as required, adjacent lengths must be tightly abutted together.
• Cavity barrier fixing brackets must not penetrate through the face of the cavity barrier. Screws for direct fixing and fixings to secure brackets are not supplied by PAL.
• The brackets used to fix the FJ260 Cavity Barrier must be installed with the spike inserted centrally (horizontally) to the rock mineral wool.
• The use of tape is not required over the joints between the lengths of FJ260. • FJ260 must be installed following the installation methods described above. FJ260 must not be penetrated by any other mechanical or electrical services.
• Our technical support should be consulted in any instance where the principal designer is uncertain as to any issues which may impede the ability of the cavity barrier to perform as expected.
Safety data sheet must be read and understood before use.